- DLL File Name:d3dx9_42.dll
- File Type:Win32/64 DLL
- Product Name:Microsoft DirectX for Windows
- Developer:Microsoft Corporation
- File Version:9.27.952.3001
- File Size:1.8MB - 2.36MB
- Language Code:English
- Character Set:Windows, Latin1
- MD5 Checksum:Multiple Files
- Copyright:Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1994-2007
This repair tool is designed to diagnose your Windows PC problems and repair them quickly. It scans your PC , identifies the problem areas and fixes them completely.Download System Utilities - Fix d3dx9_42.dll Errors
Direct3D 9 Extensions
The file d3dx9_42.dll is a 32/64bit Windows DLL module for Microsoft DirectX for Windows or other related programs. The file is also referred as D3DX9D.dll. The file and the associated Microsoft DirectX for Windows software was developed by Microsoft Corporation. The file was licensed as Copyright © Microsoft Corp. 1994-2007.
d3dx9_42.dll file is a critical component for the software to work properly without any problems. You may receive an error message like the ones below that indicates the file is not found or damaged.
- This application failed to start because d3dx9_42.dll was not found.
- The file d3dx9_42.dll is missing or corrupted.
- A required component is missing: d3dx9_42.dll. Please install the application again.
- Error loading d3dx9_42.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The program can't start because d3dx9_42.dll is missing from your computer.
To fix the error, you need to copy the missing d3dx9_42.dll file to your system or replace the corrupted dll file with a working one by following the instructions below. The current version of dll file available on our site is 9.27.952.3001 with a size of 1.8MB - 2.36MB.
You can download d3dx9_42.dll for free from the download section on this page. After downloading the zip file, unzip it to a convenient location on your computer. In order to fix dll related errors, you need to copy the .dll file to the installation folder of the application/game, or install .dll file directly to Windows (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10).
Install DLL File to Program Folder
· Copy the extracted d3dx9_42.dll file to the installation directory of the application or game.
· Check if the problem is solved. If the problem persists or you are not sure which software is having problems, install the file directly to Windows system folder.
Register DLL File Using Microsoft Regsvr
· Copy the file to "C:\Windows\System32\"
· You can install the .dll file in both system folders without any problems. In order to complete this step, you must run the Command Prompt as administrator.
· Open the Start Menu and before clicking anywhere, type "cmd" on your keyboard.
· Right-click the "Command Prompt" search result and click the "Run as administrator" option.
· Paste the following command into the Command Line window that opens up and press Enter key.
· %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe d3dx9_42.dll